Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Subway: Buy 1 Take 1 For Voters

I went yesterday to vote. As soon as I entered my old grade school building, I knew its going to be a loooong day.

How in the world can students who went to this dilapidated institution learn something! The heat was intense; there were more than 60 adults inside a room that can occupy at most 50 grade school kids with one teaching adult. There were four ceiling fans but only one is actually working. Of course, the rest of the voters had no choice but to loiter in the corridors ignoring the "Silence/No Loitering" signs of the school. It was horrible! There were long queues, people shouting and sweaty, smelly bodies, and more shouting. The old guy who was in front of me, I thought he's going to hyperventilate as he screamed "Sabi nila computerized! Dapat mabilis. Ano 'to? HA!" ("They say its supposed to be computerized. It should be fast! What's this") . Gosh, I thought the guy's going to have a heart attack.

But I came to my precinct knowing it could be like this. After all, its the first computerized implementation. People all came as early as 7am but went home around 9am. I came there around 9am, I found my room assignment and name in less than five minutes but went home around 1pm. Why?  Although there was no lunch break for the teachers... only 1 PCOS machine is attending to six precincts, with more than a thousand (or two thousand) voters per precinct. In a room, there were only 10 marking pens. Do the math!

And after all those fuss, I came home with a not so happy nail polish results. Hahaha.


The good stuff starts now. All those who voted, make sure you drop by Subway. Flash your"purpled" index finger proudly and you can avail of the Buy 1 Take 1 sandwich until May 12. Free sandwich choices are limited to BLT, Ham or Veggie Delight, though. Still, a promo's a promo :)

No comments:

Post a Comment